Gisela Schließer founded the "Atelier Krösselbach" in 1942 near Eberbach am Neckar. In 1948 she got help from a potter from Bunzlau and the company was renamed in Krösselbacher Fayence. Cläre Zange entered in the company in 1950. In the following period she designed all decors of the new range. Her collaboration with the designer Karl-Heinz Löffler made the Krösselbacher Fayence one of the most important ceramic workshops of the postwar period.